On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Michael L Torrie said:
> > What other server names are y'all proud of?
>
> The one I was once proudest of was a machine named "forest."  The
> purpose of this machine was largely to collect the syslogs from about
> 120 other linux machines.  I called it forest because of all the logs.
> I felt pretty clever for that one.
>
> That, however, is the limit of my cleverness.

The funny thing is that many of forest's functions were eventually
replaced by another machine, so Ed (I think?) renamed forest to stump.
The replacement machine was named pottedplant.

Frank
Frank Sorenson - KD7TZK
Systems Manager, Computer Science Department
Brigham Young University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]