I haven't tried Oops, but I have run proxies with Squid and
DansGuardian before.  In fact, I still run a small one at home.  The
setup you describe should work fairly well for a network that size.

Are you planning to run this as a transparent proxy, a non-transparent
but firewall-enforced proxy, or a non-transparent optional proxy?
That probably won't make much difference in the hardware requirements,
but it does make a bit of difference in the way you configure Squid.