> Also, I am in no way siding with M$ (although I like and use several
> of their products). While a great advocate of free market (as much as
> I am an advocate of OSS), I do not condone monopoly. Monopolies and
> cartels go against the very foundations of free market. That is, free
> market means that no one vendor or group of vendor can set the market
> value of a product, but instead is left to the demand and the supply
> to determine it. Monopoly and cartels give the power of choosing the
> price to a few individuals and therefore it's against free market.

"Free Market" as in "Laissez Faird Economics" (Adam Smith) actually would
not say anything negative about a monopoly.  Laissez Faire in essence
says that the government should just let the economy handle itself
without any intervention...

--
Erin Sharmahd           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CS Student              Unix Users Group