> "The community" may not have been opposed to the action as a whole, but
> the decision was discussed, made, and executed by only a few people
> without the community even being told. I think it's abhorrent that a
> spammer gets a post to the list explaining why we've banned his address,
> whereas a long-time contributor to the community gets nothing.

Right.  How dare the people whom we voted to represent us in
club-related actions do something to represent us?  Let me get this
straight -- the elections for UUG officers really ARE just a popularity
contest?  Or did we not give them the right to make these "autocratic"
(as some like to call them) decisions by electing them in the first
place?  If you have a problem with how they handled things (oh, and I
guess I'll explicitly state here that I don't care, and I don't think
Mike is as concerned about it as everyone else), don't vote for them in
the next election.  Sorry, but there's just nothing you can do about
Andrew on this one; he's not running.  Oh well, you'll actually have to
tell him personally.  Or just flame him (and the other officers, while
you're at it) on the list...

--Clint