On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 12:43:48PM -0700, Scott Paul Robertson wrote:

> The first offense will result in a private warning to the individual. If
> the individual persists, and a second offense occurs within a reasonable
> time period, that person will be removed from the list.

1. I liked the idea from jb's policy where particularly egregious
offences don't get the honor of a first warning (Michael's wouldn't
fall under the category of egregious offenses).

2. I would also add a line that decisions are made by the secretary
(mailing list admin) in correspondence with the president and
vice-president.  Appeals are made to the faculty sponsor, who is the
final authority on the matter.

3. I'm still undecided on public announcements.  My current tentative
feeling is that warnings are private but bans are announced publically.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/