>ME TOO!  But seriously, I know that with some mailing lists you are sent
>a confirmation email telling you have you have joined a list blah blah
>blah.  Perhaps something about the way to post could be placed inside
>that generic email?

I think that some sort of information page or email would be helpful
idealistically, but realistically I doubt it would make a difference. I
noticed the trimming and bottom-posting that was occurring by
knowledgeable members the first day I joined the list and realized that
it made a lot more sense to do those things.

I don't believe an information page would have benefited me much, but I
guess thats just me. I'm not lazy, but I probably wouldn't notice the
information. Especially if it was contained in an email that was letting
me know I just registered. Generally those notifications are open just
long enough to be marked read and then filed away.

--
Drew A. Withers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]