Hey all,

I just built my dad an AMD 64 computer with an Asus A8V delux
motherboard with integrated  AC '97 Sound CODEC (Realtek) 8-channel
audio and a Radeon 9250 128Mb videocard.  My question is:  How can we
get it to play back DVD's.  I followed the instructions on the Ubuntu
unofficial starter guide on my laptop, and didn't have much luck.
Mplayer won't play dvd's, xine won't play dvd's, and totem will play
them, but it's very choppy.  Has anyone been through this before?

Thanks
--
Alex Esplin