Thank you for the link to RESTORE. It looked great. I installed it on
a dedicated Dell 2650 rack mount server with 1TB of space. I put it in
place and unfortunately its dying randomly on certain backups.

Died on a large (300GB) backup
Died on a small (100MB) backup
Successfully backed up a MySQL server, then died on the scheduled
snapshot at midnight the next night.

Not sure what is causing this. Going to try some MySQL tuning...

--
Chris