Lemseffer. Tahar (MSA) wrote:
> --------
>
> I need a script that will show the snmp Comunity name on all the
> Routers.
>
> I don't want to have to visit each Router individually.
>
> can anyone point me in the right direction.

It's been a while since I've done anything with SNMP or commercial
routers.  The way I would look up all community strings on a bunch of
routers would be to either grep through my latest router config backups
for the community string settings, or write an expect or perl script to
login on each router and display the community string.  Either of these
methods gets more complex as your routers become more heterogeneous.

The community string acts as a (retarded) password in SNMP, so if it was
something the MIB let you access, you would have to know it before you
could query/trap for it (which kind of defeats the purpose, eh?)

Sorry to be of so little help.

;-Daniel Fussell