On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Lloyd Brown <lloyd_br...@byu.edu> wrote:
> and then extend the FS on top of the LV (which is FS dependent).  I'm

An alternative might be to mount the 54 GB partition, copy all of var
onto it, then just mount that for var instead of the old partition.
Then, use the 2 GB partition that was var elsewhere. That way, you
don't have to mess with resizing filesystems, which is the part of the
whole procedure that would make me the most nervous.

Derek