Scott K wrote:

> As for hating Sandisk in general, it seems like their MP3 player get
> good reviews. Does anyone run one on Linux around here? How is it?
> which Media player do you use with it for playlists and the like?

I use a Sansa Clip with both Mac v10.5 and Linux.  It's a pretty good
little device, since it supports both Ogg Vorbis and FLAC (only 24-bit,
2-channel, though; not sure about the sample rates).  I can't speak to
the whole integration thing, since I usually just put it in mass-storage
mode, and drag-and-drop files onto it.  I play with the file tags more
than playlists, and since the Clip uses Genre and Artist tags for
dynamic menus, etc., that's been more useful to me.  It can read M3U
playlists, and I've played with them before, but there were some issues
with the paths, path separators, etc.  I've done it, but I was using
regex inside vim to get it done.  I'm sure there's a more elegant
solution that uses Amarok or something.

Media hasn't been my biggest priority, I guess.

Lloyd

--

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator