Well, I don't really know how to catagorize them as "future proof" and what
not.  Personally, I'd do 62.5 Multimode because it can carry multiple
connections down the same pipeline.  However, the physical limitations of
any of these fiber optic connections is somewhere in the vicinity of 12-14
terrabits per second assuming they are using red laser light to transmit
data, which could change depending on what wavelength you use to transmit
your data.   We don't acheive this now because we A) can't properly focus
the light and use low-quality lasers to transmit and B) don't have the
processing capability for that much data readily available.  You don't
really need to future-proof the cable, you just need to upgrade your
transmitting and receiving hardware as time goes on.

Multimode just has multiple connections in it and would allow you to have
multiple dedicated lines, but single mode (if you only need one connection)
has higher bandwidth performance.

In reality, you would probably be best off getting cable now before the
next-gen stuff hits, since the current cable is glass fiber optic and the
next-gen stuff is a plastic that is supposed to perform just as well but be
cheaper to manufacture.  I, personally, believe that the proper glass is
better than the plastic in every way except for cost.  While it might
perform nearly identical on this existing hardware and laser setup, I doubt
it's been through the same rigors as the glass fiber optic has at different
wavelengths and higher-quality coherant light sources.

--
Todd Millecam