I'm stumped and I hope someone can help. I've had to set up a new server
because my previous one was hacked.

I have RHEL5 on a VPS hosted by OIT at BYU. I only have access through SSH. My
backups are supposed to record using Tivoli on another BYU server. The problem
is that we're having TCP/IP connection problems and I can't seem to figure out
what is wrong exactly. I've been googling for a couple of hours and am still
not sure where the problem is and how I can fix it.

My client log gives me:

ANS5216E Could not establish a TCP/IP connection with address
'[server].byu.edu:1500' . The TCP/IP error is 'Connection timed out' (errno=110)
ANS9020E Could not establish a session with a TSM server or client agent. The
TSM return code is -50.
ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure

The server log gives a message like this:

ANR8213E (Linux): Socket Socket identifier aborted due to send error; error
error code.

I've tried to add the ports (1500,1876,1877) to my firewall that are listed in
the tsm.sys file as being the tcpPort and webPorts respectively, but that
doesn't seem to make any difference.

Is there some other way to check on the TCP/IP setup in RHEL5?

Anyone have any ideas of what I should do next?

Thanks,
Christijan
Web developer
Graduate Studies