Hello all,

I'm looking for a backend PHP developer to work with me for a company
named SharingTime (SharingTime.com). SharingTime is a browser plugin
(Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome)  that adds extra features to New
FamilySearch in an effort to make New FamilySearch and genealogy both
easier for the end user.

Everything on the backend is in PHP and that's where I could use some
help. We have several projects going on right now, with more work than
I can handle by myself!

Our company would love to hire an enthusiastic student on a part-time
basis with an opportunity for full-time work this summer. We would be
happy to work with you to meet whatever requirements your program has
to make this position qualify as an internship.

We have several projects going on, so depending on your experience and
what we have you working on you would be using any of the following
skills:

* Object Oriented PHP (classes, inheritance, etc.)
* MySQL
* Subversion
* Doxygen
* Clear technical and personal writing skills
* JavaScript (mostly jQuery)
* CSS
* Linux command line capabilities
* SSH
* Parsing XML or JSON
* Using or writing a REST API
* oAuth
* geocoding
* Google Protocol Buffers
* writing daemons

We use the New FamilySearch API extensively and applicants without a
New FamilySearch account (https://new.familysearch.org) will be at a
severe disadvantage.

As this position is a work-from-home position, most of our
coordination happens online. Applicants must be able to communicate
clearly and effectively via email, online chat, through our bug
tracker and in their code comments/documentation.

Work is expected to include 85% coding 10% documentation and 5%
coordination communications. You will mostly be required to set your
own schedule, with periodic coordination conference calls and chat
sessions.

Compensation for this position depends on experience it should be
better than a typical on-campus or craigslist job.

Multiple positions may be available depending on volume of response.
Please send resumes to j...@sharingtime.com.

Thank you!
Michael Moore