> krams99 wrote:
>
> I am trying to determine which case guards to purchase and have only
> located OEM and Holeshot options.  Are there any others (simple bolt
> on preferred) and what's the best for quality & function?  TIA...

I'm using the factory case guards from Yamaha.  I believe these are the
same as Holeshot's.  I'm missing my little 'V' on one of them so I took
the other off too.  I'm also using a rubber foot pad I got from Captain
Dennis Kirk which fit pretty nice.  This is what it looks like
http://www.vmaxman.com/RHCaseGuard.jpg

I have laid my bike down twice now, both do to poor footing on sand at a
stoplight.  They certainly do save your side cases from damage.  Laying
it down at speed is different story.  I suspect they will just twist
inward but still provide some protection for the cases.  I found the the
single mounting bolt on the bottom tab which the lower Y section is
welded to is a good design.  It allows the case guard to bend at that
point rather than the frame bending or twisting.  Each time I laid it
down, the bracket bent at that point.  It was easy to bend back and
regain symmetry.

The footpads are there for the occasional leg stretch.  I hardly use
them.

 Vmaxman (Pasquale Dell'Aquila)   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Homepage - http://www.Vmaxman.com    Last Updated 5/25/2000

        1993 Yamaha Vmax           1971 Yamaha DT1-E
        1984 Honda Nighthawk S     1971 Yamaha DT1-MX