lgtm

https://codereview.chromium.org/716423002/diff/40001/src/scanner.cc
File src/scanner.cc (right):

https://codereview.chromium.org/716423002/diff/40001/src/scanner.cc#newcode83
src/scanner.cc:83: if (x > max_value) return -1;
On 2014/11/13 15:09:18, caitp wrote:
I don't think this should block landing this, but I think it would be
an
improvement if this error condition were handled in the parser, so
that an error
could be reported (like "SyntaxError: Unicode escape sequences cannot
have a
value exceeding U+10FFFF" or something).

So you'd want to make sure the value doesn't overflow, but max_value
checking
could be verified in the parser. Again though, not a blocker, I just
think that
would be easier on people. SpiderMonkey outputs some pretty nice
static errors
for a lot of these, but V8 is just saying "Unexpected token ____"
which is not
that great.

Not a blocker but something to think about

Alternatively, we should enable the scanner to give proper error
messages.