FWIW v3 actually works. Yay tests. I guess I'll work on getting this proto chain
and set of methods set up properly first before trying to get this submitted
though. But really it's sorta trivial no matter what order things get done in,
it just all needs to get done.

Or were you suggesting that as a performance thing? I don't see how it'd help performance (unless it was different copies of the same method body, like the current code does). If it's the same actual function identity, won't it become one big piece of polymorphic code? (Or, if otherwise, anyone have pointers to
understand how that's implemented?)