On 2015/05/18 13:19:52, wingo wrote:
> So e.g. function foo() { var {x,x} = {} } should signal an early error, even
if
> foo() is never run and only parsed by the preparser.

I meant function foo() { let {x,x} = {} } of course.

Hmm, I see no difference between:
   function foo() { let {x,x} = {x:5} }
and
  function foo() {
    let x = 5;
    let x = 5;
  }
Pre spec, both are early errors.
In our implementation we will report both at foo's _compile time_ (whenever that
occurs)
So far in V8, delaying early errors until compile time has been a fair game, the only requirement being that the errors we report are the same regardless of when
compilation occurs
(whether we compile eagerly or lazily you are going to get the same error in
'foo').