From: v8-dev@googlegroups.com <v8-dev@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
mikedice...@gmail.com
Sent: 08 October 2018 17:37
To: v8-dev <v8-dev@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [v8-dev] Re: fatal error LNK1127: library is corrupt

Thank you Dan. I'll try some of those settings you provided. Through various
forms of hackery I was able to determine that if I build the DLL version of the
library using is_component_build=true the lib files and a bunch of DLLs get
generated and linking to those libs seem to work. So my POC is unblocked for
now.

A little more information, those lib files I pointed to in my original post are
not Windows COFF files. I don't know what they are but they aren't COFFS so
thats why the CL linker won't load them. Interestingly, the build did produce
OBJ files that were valid so I linked those all together into my own libs using
Lib.exe and those I could use in my hello world project without errors. However
those libs were missing most of the code needed to allow hello world to run. So
I dug a little further and from what I can tell, the Windows x64 retail static
library version of the build also does not include the core V8 code. So
basically it is useless. The only remainng mystery is how that build that does
not produce usable static libs seems to somehow be able to produce test files
and even a helloworld of its own that do seem to run fine. But, since my POC is
unblocked I'm going to press on. I've never been exposed to gn, ninja, mb etc
until this weekend so I'm probalby not the best person to resolve these issues
however if I get some time I'll try to learn more and see if I can submit some
pull requests that improve the situation

Interesting that you are building ia32 architecture :). I haven't seen an IA32
machine for years!.