Unfortunately it fails :
* either with  `/usr/local/lib/node/nodejs/bin/node  no such file or
directory ` Which is due to the fact that node-armv6l is using ld
-linux-armhf.so.3  while my image is compiled for armv6 (armel) ld
-linux-armgnueabi/ld-2.31.so
* or when I try any ugly trick by soft linking gnueabi to gnueabihf

There is still a remaining hope the toolchain I have built  is on top of
gnueabihf  but with ld-2.35. I wil rebuild the toolchain with ld-2.31 and
check again (and if it works that will mean I not wasted all my time
building an Ad-Hoc toolchain...) ;-)

Le jeudi 10 février 2022 à 15:35:09 UTC+1, les...@chromium.org a écrit :

> Does the unofficial prebuilt node (e.g.
> https://unofficial-builds.nodejs.org/download/release/v17.4.0/node-v17.4.0-linux-armv6l.tar.gz)
>
> not work?
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 3:30 PM Gérard Vidal <gerard....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Again thanks for your answer and your time but sadly I am giving up
>> without succeeding. My only goal il to get an operational nodeJS on a
>> raspberryPiZero. I think I have overestimated my ability  to  cross-compile
>> out of the tracks. I am bouncing from one error to another  and I have
>> spent too much frustrating time on this topic.
>> It is really a pitty that node developpers have abandonned the Pizero
>> which benefits a lot of v8 and nodejs. I hope somebody with sufficient
>> skills will spend the required time  to compileV8 indside  node for the
>> arm1176jzf-s = armv6z (or maybe a google summer code ?).
>>
>> I am not used to gn, I have spend some time to understand and resched the
>> stage 137/......  in building V8  with the cross-compiler but no more. I
>> have kept your advice and will try to compile on the PiZero  but at the
>> moment  I cannot get an operational WIFI  which prevents a lot of things.
>>
>> Do not hesitate to forward news on the compilation of V8 on armv6z  and
>> if you have any contact in node push on them!
>> best....
>>
>> Le mercredi 2 février 2022 à 18:48:20 UTC+1, Camillo Bruni a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If I'm not mistaken, v8 on it's own supports armv6
>>> <https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/main:v8/src/codegen/arm/assembler-arm.cc;l=68?q=FLAG_arm_arch>
>>>
>>> + VFPv2
>>> <https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/main:v8/src/codegen/arm/assembler-arm.cc;l=161?q=FLAG_arm_arch>
>>> .
>>> You could try compiling d8 on your armv6 device (if you're patient):
>>>
>>> gn args:
>>>
>>> is_component_build = false
>>> is_debug = false
>>> target_os = "linux"