Hi v8 developers,

I’m curious about the specific optimizations that TurboFan currently not
support.

Other ahead-of-time (AOT) compilers perform a wide range of optimizations,
while TurboFan comparatively has fewer.

For instance, the LLVM compiler employs optimization rules such as ```A+B
--> A|B``` provided that A and B have no overlapping bits set.

Similarly, ```(A&B)|(A&C) —> A&(B|C)``` and ```(X * C1) / C2 —> X / (C2 /
C1)``` are examples of optimizations present in LLVM but absent in TurboFan.

I think these kinds of rules could enhance TurboFan’s optimization
capabilities.

I’m interested in understanding whether this absence is due to TurboFan’s
current state of implementation, inherent limitations of a just-in-time
(JIT) compiler, or if there are other factors at play.

Thanks.