hey Jakob, thank you so much for your response!

I think it makes a lot of sense; I know we’re all limited on time. I myself
have a full-time job and a family. I spent a few hours yesterday looking
through how timedate gets formatted with respect to one of the
internationalization issues. if anything else, it was a good way to get the
v8 build set up and start peeking through the code flow. one of the
challenges is that I don’t really know how to submit a CL. obviously I’m
not a owner so I can’t take ownership of an issue but I *would* like to
contribute. I just don’t know how to get the component owner to assign the
ticket to themselves and then allow me to work on the ticket , is there a
defined way to do that? I’ve tried to reach out to the component owners and
I am still awaiting a response.

it’s interesting you bring up vulnerabilities. I have a security
engineering background and work on seceng full-time at my day job, so I’m
always interested in fuzzing and finding security vulns. web assembly has
always interested me so maybe I can take some time fuzzing through that.
however, I imagine that internally you have lots of coverage using your
fuzzing (afl) tools?

in order to demonstrate commitment, would it be worth creating a PR and
emailing the patch to the component owners directly?

—
Jovon