> From my understanding you've already done that, but you're trying to take
it a step further and transport the object from its initial context to
another one.
> Can that work? i don't know for certain, but i _suspect_ the answer is
something along the line of "it can, with some notable caveats" like
object/namespace pollution.
> The vast majority of apps have (in my rather long but narrow experience)
a single context which starts life early on in main() and ends life shortly
before or after main()
> returns (depending on whether one manually destroys it or lets the dtor
do its work). That is of course not a rule, but is "the common pattern" for
the apps i've worked on (http://code.google.com/p/v8-juice)

We have a server side embedding (currently running on spidermoney) which is
a web server that uses 100% JS for all server side scripts.
When the user hits the server (a "request") one or more scripts can be
run.  The script can start a "session" in order to persist objects,
functions, properties etc between requests.
When saving something in the "session" we need built-ins to have the same
prototypes as the 1st time, so that instanceOf keeps working.
Does this make sense?
I'm open to any method of making this happen.
Thanks for the help!