I am seeing lines such as:

    [compiling method 0x39790c6f2379 <JS Function getVirtuals
(SharedFunctionInfo 0x2e54cd11ffa9)> using Crankshaft]
    [aborted optimizing 0x39790c6f2379 <JS Function getVirtuals
(SharedFunctionInfo 0x2e54cd11ffa9)> because: Unsupported phi use of const
variable]

In spite of this code not using `const` declarations (nor the method that
invokes it). I even tried replacing `const` with `var` in all
`node_modules` files on a smaller project and saw the same issue.

This leads me to believe the explanation is inaccurate and the aborted
optimization is not directly related to use of ES6 const?

Here's the above function that won't optimize, though it's technically
already copied into our codebase and I've tried rewriting it a few
different
ways:
https://github.com/tgriesser/bookshelf/blob/ca08ec0850f758ec5610e3c543db5a276026624e/plugins/virtuals.js#L92-L100

Thanks,