This is indeed surprising.
Crankshaft predates ES6, so this has nothing to do with ES6 const. That
said, I don't see why this function would bail out; and in a quick repro
attempt it doesn't. Do you have an example I can run that reproduces this
behavior?

Also, is this actually a performance problem for you? Crankshaft aborts
compilation in some cases by design, often there's no need to worry about
it.