I'm having trouble building v8 on Archlinux x86-64. The clang installed by
gclient cannot run on my system.  What is the proper way to configure the
build to use my system's toolchain?

The error:

v8/third_party/llvm-build/Release+Asserts/bin/clang++: error while loading
shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

libtinfo 5 is not available for my system.

Right now I am configuring the build with:

build/gyp_v8 -Dhost_clang=1\
  -Dv8_enable_i18n_support=1 \
  -Duse_system_icu=1 \
  -Dconsole=readline \
  -Dcomponent=shared_library \
  -Dv8_target_arch=x86 \
  -Dwerror=no \
  -Dlinux_use_bundled_gold=0 \
  -Dlinux_use_bundled_binutils=0 \
  -f make

But nothing here seems to be doing the trick, and `make all` will always
rerun gyp without the defines. I'll add that node will build fine on my
machine.

What is the magical incantation I am missing?
Thanks!
Robert