Further narrowing this down.

In V8 *7.2*, libc++ is taken from the NDK:

-isystem../../third_party/android_ndk/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/include
-isystem../../third_party/android_ndk/sources/cxx-stl/llvm-libc++abi/include

whereas in V8 *7.3*, a different libc++ is used:

-isystem../../buildtools/third_party/libc++/trunk/include
-isystem../../buildtools/third_party/libc++abi/trunk/include

And the difference between the two versions is that the one from the NDK
defines the following std namespace override:

#ifndef _LIBCPP_ABI_NAMESPACE
# define _LIBCPP_ABI_NAMESPACE _LIBCPP_CONCAT(__ndk,_LIBCPP_ABI_VERSION)
#endif

while the custom one uses this:

#ifndef _LIBCPP_ABI_NAMESPACE
# define _LIBCPP_ABI_NAMESPACE _LIBCPP_CONCAT(__,_LIBCPP_ABI_VERSION)
#endif

So the question is, what would be the proper gn arguments to link against
libc++ from the NDK?

I have tried setting use_custom_libcxx=false but in this case no -isystem
is specified and the build fails as it cannot find some common includes
such as <memory> and <functional>.