In addition to cleaning out /Library/Preferences/VMware\
Fusion/vmnet8/nat.conf you may also need to clean out the port forwards
defined in /Library/Preferences/VMware\ Fusion/networking. The entries of
interest will take the form `add_nat_portfwd <device> <protocol> <host
port> <ip> <guest port>`.

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 2:24:40 PM UTC-4, Wes Smith wrote:

> Thanks for the tips.  I regularly clean out /Library/Preferences/VMware\
> Fusion/vmnet8/nat.conf on OSX and doing so hasn't helped me at all with
> this situation.  Anyone else have ideas?
>
> On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 9:26:47 AM UTC-7, dragon788 wrote:
>>
>> I used to use these aliases for diagnosing/correcting this issue a few
>> years ago.
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/dragon788/a3b72197c82cf6a4de3f
>>
>> There is some kind of a race condition with the VMware provider and
>> VMware's networking setup that causes hiccups occasionally. Resetting the
>> network settings totally to default via one of these aliases always cleared
>> it up for me.
>>
>> On Monday, May 11, 2020 at 10:01:05 AM UTC-5, Wes Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jeff,
>>> I cleaned out the nat.json file and restarted my machine.  I'm still
>>> seeing the port collision issue.  Here's the debug gist:
>>> https://gist.github.com/weshoke/3208260f3933b3ea4afb9374298499b7. Any
>>> ideas?
>>> thanks,