Hi all,

I'm running Vagrant 2.2.9 using Virtualbox 6.1.12. My host OS is Ubuntu
20.04

I need to run VMs with different versions of Ubuntu: 16.04 (xenial), 18.04
(bionic) and 20.04 (focal). Xenial and Bionic VMs are created fine and I
can SSH into them, but I can't SSH into Focal ones.

I'm using the simplest `.Vagrantfile`:

VAGRANTFILE_API_VERSION = "2"
Vagrant.configure(VAGRANTFILE_API_VERSION) do |config|
    config.vm.box = "ubuntu/focal64"
end

When I try to bring the `focal` VM up with `vagrant up` the process gets
stuck on the `default: SSH auth method: private key` and eventually times
out. `vagrant ssh` also times out after that.

But doing the same process with xenial and bionic works fine, I can start
the VMs and SSH into them just fine.

Looking at the output of `vagrant ssh-config` reveals a major difference
between the two though:

For the working Xenial / Bionic VMs, the private key file used is one
created at the project level:

vagrant ssh-config
Host default
  HostName 127.0.0.1
  User vagrant
  Port 2200
  UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null
  StrictHostKeyChecking no
  PasswordAuthentication no
  IdentityFile
/home/adria/dev/testbionic/.vagrant/machines/default/virtualbox/private_key
  IdentitiesOnly yes
  LogLevel FATAL

But for the Focal VMs the private key file used is the one on the home
folder:

vagrant ssh-config
Host default
  HostName 127.0.0.1
  User vagrant
  Port 2203
  UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null
  StrictHostKeyChecking no
  PasswordAuthentication no
  IdentityFile /home/adria/.vagrant.d/insecure_private_key
  IdentitiesOnly yes
  LogLevel FATAL

I'm creating all VMs in exactly the same way so I don't know why in the
focal case it's picking a different private key. I'd be surprised if it was
because the Host and Guest OS are the same but it's the only thing I can
think of.

Any ideas or pointers?

Many thanks in advance,

Adrià