Crickets are probably the result of nobody having anything useful to offer.
Vagrant deploying to bare metal (such as a cell phone) is somewhat
out-of-scope while using something like the libvirt provider will work when
targeting most KVM-type and similar virtual environments running inside a
target machine where an os is already installed, perhaps also pmos.

 -- jmcg