On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Phil Housley <undeconstruc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/9 Michel Salim <michel.syl...@gmail.com>:

>> Incidentally, would it be a good idea to move the tutorial code to a
>> module under version control? That way they can be matched to different
>> Vala releases, and developers can track Vala's evolution by tracking
>> changes in the sample programs.
>
> Would be good, but also a bit of a management problem.  Not only would
> they have to be kept synchronized, it would also make it trickier to
> let people add and maintain...  Possibly a separate repo could be used
> to keep the history around in an easier to track way than wiki, but
> someone would still have to put quite a lot of time into it.

A separate repo is definitely worthwhile. The current wiki-based
set-up is harder for both experienced Vala hands to maintain, and for
new users, since some of the code is likely to be stale at any given
time.

With a repo, all the sample code can be built automatically every time
there is a new release, and can serve as a poor man's unit testing
too.

I'm starting a project on Gitorious to start collating these examples.
Any idea what licenses these code samples are supposed to be? I'm
assuming something liberal like BSD.

Thanks,

--
miʃel salim  •  http://hircus.jaiku.com/