Hello,

2010/11/15 Samuel CUELLA <samuel.cue...@supinfo.com>:
>>I have noticed that widgets in Stk are using different reference counting
>>rules
>>than Gtk. So you have to explicitly define the variables as class fields, else
>>all widgets gets destroyed.
> Vala compiler always generate a g_object_unref() call just after widget
> creation. That's why objects are destroyed. This problem doesn't arise when
> using the plain C API. This is a known problem. It will be fixed, but I can't
> tell you when.
It's just a matter of fixing the vapis so that valac knows that
ownership is transferred and so no need to unref. You only need to add
owned to the declaration : public void add (owned Stk.Widget w);
If you're generating the vapi using vala-gen-introspect/vapigen, you
need to add a "transfer-ownership" annotation (not sure about the
spelling, check other metadata) to the .metadata file.

HTH,
Abderrahim