Victor, it was the first way i tried out. I've almost implemented lexer and
parser for Vala using antlr rules. And there is a basic plugin for netbeans
using that lexer.

But there still to much things to fix and do and i'm very limited in my
time.
libvala has already implemented lexer and parser and evolve with the vala
itself. And in the future all new constructions of language will be easier
to support.

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Victor D. <victor.dra...@cabanova.info>wrote:

> sorry to interfere, i might be naive, but i have a different view here
> i would advise for an independent from-scratch parser, optimized for a dev
> tool, for writing code, which is a bit different than for the compiler. the
> parser has to be permissive, it has to figure out the best it can
> incomplete
> and illegal structures, so that the code completion/highlight doesn't brake
> all the time while you write.
>
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Maga Abdurakhmanov <maq...@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>

> > > Comments are inside ast nodes, look better.
> > >

> > There are only some of the comments inside ast nodes (valadoc and first
> > comment in file). To highlight syntax i need to get all of them as
> tokens.
> >

> > --
> > Sincerely,
> > Magomed