Antlr is an important project. It features grammar files for most languages.
Having one for vala is a great asset for vala, I would say. Also, some
effort is needed even for using vala's own parser.

Probably, one of the reasons I say this is that even know, I'm not able to
install a proper ide for vala on my Ubuntu box. The compiler works fine but
neither valide nor the gedit plugin would install correctly. So I still hope
that more tools will emerge for this great new language. Having an ANTLR
grammar for it would be a boost.
Personally, I'm a full-time eclipse user and fan.

Hope I didn't say too many useless things, if so, feel free to ignore ;)"

--
Victor
On Jun 18, 2011 10:27 PM, "Maga Abdurakhmanov" <maq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Victor, it was the first way i tried out. I've almost implemented lexer
and
> parser for Vala using antlr rules. And there is a basic plugin for
netbeans
> using that lexer.
>
> But there still to much things to fix and do and i'm very limited in my
> time.
> libvala has already implemented lexer and parser and evolve with the vala
> itself. And in the future all new constructions of language will be easier
> to support.
>
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Victor D. <victor.dra...@cabanova.info
>wrote:
>
>> sorry to interfere, i might be naive, but i have a different view here
>> i would advise for an independent from-scratch parser, optimized for a
dev
>> tool, for writing code, which is a bit different than for the compiler.
the