On 08/23/2011 11:52 PM, Damien Radtke wrote:
> Thanks for your response, but my goal is to be able to create a good,
> general-purpose Makefile for building Vala projects. Autotools work well for
> porting to as many platforms as possible, but for simply building and
> testing it's overkill. My first attempt lacked parallel build support and
> would re-compile the entire source tree every time, which I hoped parvala
> would solve, but I discovered that it has a couple large shortcomings for
> how I want to use it:
> Because of these, I started working on a new Makefile using parvala.mk as a
> template. Like I mentioned before, the idea is to have this Makefile be a
> drop-in tool to start building Vala projects, and not require additional
> scripts or configuration. Here's a basic run-through:
> If there is some interest in it, I can polish it up and submit it to contrib
> for users who would prefer plain make over automake for their projects.

I, for one, would be very interested. I agree that automake is often
overkill. A simple, make-based solution would be great.

Thanks and best regards
        Christian

--
|------- Dr. Christian Siefkes ------- christ...@siefkes.net -------
| Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/ | Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|    Peer Production Everywhere:       http://peerconomy.org/wiki/
|---------------------------------- OpenPGP Key ID: 0x346452D8 --
Workaholism is an illness, but not an illness like alcoholism that affects
only the unlucky few. Workaholism is more like the common cold: Everyone
has a bout of it now and then.
        -- Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister, Peopleware