Hi

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 09:29 -0700, Damien Radtke wrote:

> This program ends with ** Message: symbolresolver.vala:54: file
> program.vala - can't resolve using directive: Afrodite. I'm assuming
> this means that I would have to add libafrodite-0.12.vapi to the
> engine manually, but it's installed in the right place, so I shouldn't
> have to.

No you have to add the vapi to the engine. Afrodite just parse and build
the codedom it doesn't know anything about the project structure.

In vala-toys another library, vbf (vala build framework), is used to
parse the project structure.

Anyway when you have the vapi file name, you can use the
Afrodite.Utils.get_package_paths to get real full path and the vapi
dependecies.

> If I comment out everything between the creation of the engine and
> "return 0", then it again exits with a segfault.

I think that is a bug in the completionengine object desctructor.

> I'd be happy to help contribute to afrodite, but it might take me a
> while to learn how it works and where it needs improvements. Any help
> or links to good resources would be great.

I'm sorry but there isn't such documentation ;) All we have is the
afrodite source code and vala compiler source code.

So feel free to ask, you can also find me on the vala irc channel I'm
sejerpz.

> Thanks again,
> ~Damien

Ciao,