> Gesendet: Montag, 18. Mai 2015 um 16:12 Uhr
> Von: "Al Thomas"
>
> > From: Gilzad Hamuni
> > In the uploaded example I simply print
> > "tag.foreground_rgba.to_string()" to stdout, which constantly raises
> > the use of the memory. Skipping this step will keep the usage at a static
> > level
> > [3].
> >
> > I'll be glad about any hint. Let me know if I can do anything.
> I don't understand why you have a weak reference:
>
> weak Gdk.RGBA tmpColor = Gdk.RGBA();
>
> outside of your loop that uses the reference. See
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/ReferenceHandling
>
> As a hint I would try removing 'weak':
>
> Gdk.RGBA tmpColor = Gdk.RGBA();

Thanks Al,

if I understand correctly, then there's no use for 'weak' there as the scope
for that declaration ends with the program. But it doesn't affect the memory
consumption in the loop. I really went ahead and removed it now just to be
sure. Still reading from "tag.foreground_rgba" consumes more memory through the
loop.

Best,

gilzad