22.07.2016, 18:38, "Al Thomas" <astav...@yahoo.co.uk>:
> [...]

It is still possible to use POSIX profile with modern versions of Vala, have a
look at this project: https://github.com/radare/posixvala

But there are some GLib features that can't be implemented with POSIX profile:
abstract classes, interfaces, async methods, non-compact classes, regular
expressions.

Regards,
Dmitry