> On Monday, 22 January 2018, 22:00:19 GMT, Michael Murphy
<mich...@system76.com> wrote:  > I have the following which is automatically
generated by bindgen.

Would that be vala-gen-introspect ? That's a bit of an old tool. I'm not sure
how well it fares, butmay be a good starting point for a hand written bindings.

>    [CCode (has_type_id = false)]
>   public struct Sector {
>        public static Sector megabyte (uint64 value);
>    }

If this is a named initializer then you want:
public Sector.megabyte (uint64 value);

An initializer of a struct is similar to a constructor of an object.

> distinst_sector_megabyte ((guint64) 512, &_tmp39_);

My working assumption would be the return value, Sector, has been converted to
an outparameter. I've not looked in to the reasoning for that.
Hope that helps,
Al