Hi Daniel,
this is really nice.

Here are my remarks.

"It generally requires that an object's data be located at a fixed memory
location"
remove "fixed", all OpenJDK GCs move objects.
Again later, remove "fixed" in "That is, a value object does not have a fixed
memory address ...".

At the beginning of the section "Value class declarations", before the example,
i think we also need a sentence saying that fields are implicitly final.

Class file and representation, about ACC_PERMITS_VALUE, what's the difference
between "permits" and "allow" in English ?

In section "Java language compilation",
"Each class file generated by javac includes a Preload attribute naming any
value class that appears in one of the class file's field or method
descriptors."
+ if a value class is the receiver of a method call/field access (the receiver
is not part of the method descriptor in the bytecode).

In section "Performance model"
"... must ensure that fields and arrays storing value objects are updated
atomically.",
not only stores, loads has to be done atomically too.

The part "Initially, developers can expect the following from the HotSpot JVM"
is dangerous because it will be read as Hotspot will do that forever.
We have to be more vague here, "a Java VM may ..."

regards,
RĂ©mi