i remember kumudam teacher reading out a poem about a small baby -- and
reading-- mewing and puking --as pucking. A few seconds later, Mahesh A was
asked to get out. I now realise he must have rhymed pucking to her
annoyance.

Kaisa laga?


On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 10:13 PM, subramaniam sreenivasan <
[email protected]> wrote:

>  I do make a lot of spelling mistakes ... Thank god for spellcheck these
> days. I am sure if I make grammatical mistakes as well ..
>
> I remember this at school (probably 8th standard) when Amin Bulsari was
> asked to read from the english book and he read Rhinoceros as Rhino-Cors
>
> ------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 17:56:26 +0000
> Subject: Re: nice way to combat common english mistakes :)
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
>
>
> Hey Nayan,
>
> I hope you didn't think I was picking on you, did you?
>
> The idea was to bring and discuss people's favourite/pet mistake. Mine
> being the error in spelling "occasion" and many more. Since I already knew
> yours I mentioned that. And this was because it was discussed a while ago.
>
> Of course, it doesn't matter even if you make mistakes and even i am guilty
> of never reading what I write, until i hit the send button. And it is my
> profession!!!
>
> I had a childhood friend who was quite anal about spellings...question or
> contest him and he would immediately run to the dictionary and prove himself
> right.
> A many years ago, while in a gossip session, i said, "your illicit
> relationship..." and he laughed and said it is illict (pronounced as illikt)
> and not ill-is-it. He had never realised there is an i before the last
> letter. I protested quite confidently this time.
>
> And he again ran to the dictionary and was completely shocked to know that
> all the while when he was reading the cover pages of Stardust, filmfare
> and gossip fares, he just didn't notice the 'i'.
>
> This is what i meant by mistakes which may be silly but refuse to get
> shaken off.
>
> Long mail? Well i have to make up for the lullness off late in the group,
> nai?
>
> Arch
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it 
> now.<http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469228/direct/01/>
>

Reply via email to