Hey who is this Rajee teacher re?  Wow! My memory is giving up on me
already!!

Speaking of "boo baani" pronounciations and accents reminds me of this cute
boy in our class in the 9th standard (9 A) who was new to our school that
year..that was his first and last year in VV, he was a lefty which was not
very common at that time to me, so all the more attractive :) Anyway,
Vasantha Eshwar was our class teacher that year, and whenever she took the
attendance and his name came up, we used to hear it as "Kapte", which made
no sense..we used to really concentrate to listen to what this new boy's
name was..but for a few mths we actually thought his name was Kapte..then
found out - from HV I think - that his name was Kartik :P and henceforth he
became known as "Kapte Kartik" among a few of us..unfortunately he did'nt
continue in our school after that 1 year..



On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Jaya Satish <[email protected]> wrote:

>  That was Rajee Teacher
>
>
>
>
>
>  ------------------------------
> *From:* Vinayak y <[email protected]>
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Sent:* Wed, February 10, 2010 12:02:52 AM
> *Subject:* Re: nice way to combat common english mistakes :)
>
> Hey Everyone...
>
> Just thought of sharing one of my memories related to pronounciations,
> especially since we were in Telugu-Tamil dominated teacher school(pls no
> offence here)..we had this craft teacher in 7th std i believe(can't
> recollect her name)..she used to teach us Book Binding and she used to
> pronounce it as or rather I used to hear it as "Boo..Baani", beleive me for
> 2-3 months I was thinking it as boobaani !!!
>
> Cheers
> Vinayak
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM, Archana Sharma <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hey Nayan,
>>
>> I hope you didn't think I was picking on you, did you?
>>
>> The idea was to bring and discuss people's favourite/pet mistake. Mine
>> being the error in spelling "occasion" and many more. Since I already knew
>> yours I mentioned that. And this was because it was discussed a while ago.
>>
>> Of course, it doesn't matter even if you make mistakes and even i am
>> guilty of never reading what I write, until i hit the send button. And it is
>> my profession!!!
>>
>> I had a childhood friend who was quite anal about spellings...question or
>> contest him and he would immediately run to the dictionary and prove himself
>> right.
>> A many years ago, while in a gossip session, i said, "your illicit
>> relationship..." and he laughed and said it is illict (pronounced as illikt)
>> and not ill-is-it. He had never realised there is an i before the last
>> letter. I protested quite confidently this time.
>>
>> And he again ran to the dictionary and was completely shocked to know that
>> all the while when he was reading the cover pages of Stardust, filmfare
>> and gossip fares, he just didn't notice the 'i'.
>>
>> This is what i meant by mistakes which may be silly but refuse to get
>> shaken off.
>>
>> Long mail? Well i have to make up for the lullness off late in the group,
>> nai?
>>
>> Arch
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Nayan Mapani <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>  Arch-
>>> Very interesting attachment, well after going through the same I think
>>> that i always knew them all but surely I must be making a lot of mistakes
>>> while writing. I do not check what I write since I do not think it matters
>>> so much since it is informal. But it would be really interesting  to know
>>> from you what mistakes I commit regularly!
>>>
>>>  ------------------------------
>>> *From:* Archana Sharma <[email protected]>
>>> *To:* vaniv88-89 <[email protected]>
>>> *Sent:* Sat, 30 January, 2010 9:24:23 PM
>>> *Subject:* nice way to combat common english mistakes :)
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> We all make some or the other pet english mistakes. and now we will know
>>> that the world makes it too. And here is a link someone had posted on
>>> facebook to get rid of some of the mistakes we make.
>>>
>>> Though none of the mistakes mentioned here, i make...i do think once
>>> before writing weird. And occasion is not mentioned here...but i always get
>>> confused....is that ocassion? Oh Well.
>>>
>>> The most common mistake i have found in england is loose for lose (as in
>>> lost), and "it's" written even when they mean "its". You won't believe even
>>> my boss did that.
>>>
>>> another common mistake not mentioned here is writing her's for hers.
>>>
>>> Enjoy this link: And please share your own favourite mistake. I know
>>> Nayan's and guess what Nayan, it finds a mention in this website...but, i am
>>> afraid, not very kindly :(
>>>
>>> http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
>>>
>>>
>>> Archana
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>> The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! 
>>> Homepage<http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_yyi_1/*http://in.yahoo.com/>
>>> .
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

Reply via email to