Hello Huihong,

Huihong Luo wrote:
> You are correct. For clipboard and shared file module, we don't need the vm
> name.
>
> We are also developing another addition, that will add shortcuts to the host
> start menu, so vm apps can be launched directly from host. In order to do
> this, we need the vm name to add to host shortcuts so it can correlate the
> correct vm. VM could be offline, and the shortcuts are stored on host disk,
> so when a user click a link, it will launch the vm, then the app inside vm.
>
> When an app is installed in a vm, our addin will inform the host to create
> the shortcuts. The shortcut will embed a vm name.
If you are interested, we should be able to co-ordinate adding your code
to VirtualBox.

Regards,

Michael
--
Sun Microsystems GmbH        Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24               VirtualBox engineer

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028