GREAT news... I've been using Windows 7 (public beta) **,  in the
64-bit version under VirtualBox 2.1.0

Even the VirtualBox guest additions work OK, provided you right click
on the 64-bit installer, and select "Compatibility Troubleshooter".

An ugly dialog comes up, sort of a "black box magician" showing a
progress bar for what looks like hours to me, until finally "guives
up" (gee, why don' t I trust MSFT' s Artificial intelligence? :-P) and
says "what seems to be the problem?" or words to that effect. Then
select "it worked fine on previous versions". It will ask on which OS
it worked fine, select VISTA from the drop-down.

DONE... the app is launched in Vista compatibility mode. You can then
install the VBox guest additions and those work fine!

Well done Sun!

About Windows 7: THE UGLY:

-As fat and as slow as Vista.
FC
PS: I suspect MSFT will fiddle with it, in the spirit of "it ain't
ready until Lotus won't run" or here "it ain't ready until it runs
like molasses or crashes under VirtualBox". ;-) (let's hope not)

** direct download URLS from Microsoft.com here:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/324/1050324/windows-7-beta-direct-download-links-from-volesoft