Vbox is going to stay.

Thanks
Gaurav

On Jan 27, 2010, at 5:14 PM, "Geoff Nordli" <geo...@gnaa.net> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: vbox-users-boun...@virtualbox.org [mailto:vbox-users-
boun...@virtualbox.org] On Behalf Of Alexey Eremenko
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:56 PM
To: VirtualBox end user list
Subject: Re: [vbox-users] oracle acquisition news on vbox

1. nobody knowns the future. So little reason to speculate around.

2. project is open source, which means there are options:
2.A. your company could buy out VBox division from Oracle
2.B. your company could hire VBox developers from the current team
2.C. your company could find engineers wiillling to maintain it
2.D. some OSS people will pick up the project and maintain it.
2.E. some other Linux company (RedHat/Novell/Mandriva/Canonical) could
pick up this project and maintain it

3. If OpenOffice stays, I hope that VBox will too...

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"

Alexey, because of the vbox license there are definitely a lot of options
and it also eliminates the "fear" aspect.

I think people are missing my original intention to this thread.

What has Oracle publicly stated their intention is with vbox?  One news
source says:

"Oracle plans to integrate Sun VirtualBox as part of the Oracle VM family
and use it as a sort of sandbox, which means that the company may want to
integrate its offering with the acquisition of some virtual lab automation
companies out there in the near future."

Geoff