This may be a silly question but...

I was wondering if there's any tool or option or function or something that
will help me to build (and install) a newer version of vpopmail (or many
other packages) using the same options I used to build (and install) my
existing version.

If not, it kinda boggles my mind why a community with as many and as
frequently updates as the linux community hasn't created such a useful
feature.  I cannot believe that everyone using linux (a) remembers every
option used to build a package (yesterday, last month, last year, whenever)
and/or (b) intuitively knows all of the correct configuration settings for
every package they upgrade.  However, it seems like a relatively trivial
thing for a package creator to include such information, in a parsable
format, for upgrades to use as a reference/starting point.

Please just tell me I'm confused and that I should use the '?????' command
to do just what I want.
--
* Steve Valliere
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]