Bill Shupp wrote:

> on 3/16/01 3:44 PM, Ken Jones at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >> Might want to update the webpage with the new version too ;)
> >
> > Good point ;] I've put a time stamp on the web page next to
> > the development version download. So you know if it's new or not.
>
> Ken,
>
> I see you took down the links to the ChangeLog.  I think it's handy to be
> able to view the current ChangeLog so that you can see whether it's
> necessary to download the latest development version or not... Rather than
> having to download the tarball first, then read the ChangeLog.  Saves
> bandwidth for you, too.

Thanks Bill. I re-did the web page and accidently left off the changelog
link. I've updated the page now.

> Also, have you considered incrementing the version numbers of the
> development code?  Like 4.9.10, 4.9.11, or 4.9.9ac1, 4.9.9ac2, etc..  And
> keeping even numbered releases as stable? i.e. 4.10, 4.12, 5.0...  Seems
> like that might be simpler than following time stamps on the website.

I'm kind of doing that now. Even number releases are stable and odd are
development. I'll add a "-X" after the development releases. And
increment
it each time. so vpopmail-4.9.9-1 then 4.9.9-2. I agree. Looking for the
time stamp is too difficult.

Ken Jones