: I've got qmail+vpopmail+qmailadmin+sqwebmail+vqadmin
: running on my linux, and i want to start to make backups of my
: vpopmail directory (where the users account are).

I make backups of all my users mail and my vpopmail settings using a crontab
job which is performed twice daily.

The script contains the following lines

# Only needed if you use mySQL
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqldump -cu <user> --password=<password>  vpopmail >
db.dump

tar cvfM vpopmail.tar /home2/vpopmail/domains
gzip -fv vpopmail.tar

There, thats it.  You need to change /home2/vpopmail to your vpopmail home
directory.  THis script creates vpopmail.tar.gz file in the directory where
you run it and a db.dump file of all the mySQL data

To restore, you would simply run the db.dump file through mysql and
# tar zxvf vpopmail.tar.gz
from / and all the users mail and settings will be recreated, ive only had
to restore once and it works fine.
Remember to create a crontab job for the script!

Hope this helps you,
Daniel.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]