A quick search on freshmeat might help you

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=wap+email

I know twig has a WAP addon, but it might be more than your looking for
http://twig.screwdriver.net/

There was another one, pop3 only, developed by a UK company, it was GPL but
I cant find it. I'll forward you a URL if I find it!

Regards,

Kieran Barnes
Signum 1226 Ltd
Use our Web site at...  http://www.1226.net