Roger Arnold wrote:

Hello All,

I need to check that pop3 is authenticating passwords properly to
temporary domains, however I am not sure of how email travels through
qmail - vpopmail.
I know this is documented, and I will read up on it, but I need a
quicker way if there is one.
Mail sent to the temporary domains is being received and is lodged in
the domains directory, however I have spent so long getting qmail and
vpopmail running, that I have omitted to learn how to connect to the
server from the outside world with an email client to receive email (I
know the username is the full email address and not just the name).

What I need now is a quick way to confirm pop3 is being authenticated
properly?

Any direct pointers to this information which is documented would also
be appreciated

Thanks for any and all help

Regards
Roger